Wednesday 13 January 2010

The Top 10 Things In My Life Currently...

This list is by no means exciting, worth reading, or really even worth subjecting your eyes to. But if anyone does happen to come across it, all I can hope is that at least one of these things maybe become one of your 'Top 10 Things In My Life Currently'...anyway...
In reverse order...

No.10 - Quavers - Fuck me I love Quavers. There are very possibly my favourite crisps ever. Wait I take that back. I don't want Pickled Onion
Monster Munch to be upset at me. Anyway, yeah...I've had very possibly about 6000 packets of Quavers this week, 247 today alone. Yes that's an exaggeration but I've definetly had one packet today and it was shweeeeeeeeet.
I did try to find a picture of someone taking a bath in some Quavers or something else to suitable illustrate my love for them, but the best thing I could find was this rather natty little quaver shaped chair...

No.9 - 'Good Omens', by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman -
I aim to read this at least once every year. It is the book equivalent of Quavers in my world. I recommend it to anyone, particularly those of perhaps an Atheist disposition, but really just anyone because it's a damn fine book I tells thee...

No.8 - Having Nothing To Do -
Awwwww yeah, finished 7th semester motherlicker...though I have yet to see the fruits of my labours...and to be honest I'm not hopeful, but that doesn't matter, BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANY WORK TIL FEBRUARY!!!! Or rather I DO NEED TO DO WORK BEFORE FEBRUARY, REALLY NEED TO GET WORK EXPERIENCE FOR THE WHOLE OF JANUARY, AND ACTUALLY I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO TO SOME KIND OF PREPERATION FOR CLASS BEFORE SEMESTER STARTS, BUT YEAH APART FROM THAT I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING!!!!
Anyway, the only things I currently see in my immediate future are Labyrinth, Dark Crystal and The Princess Bride, for a day spent reliving my childhood through the magic of Jim Henson and Iningo Montoya...

No.7 - Spaced (And subsequently anything remotely related to Simon Pegg, Jessica Stevenson, Nick Frost or Edgar Wright)...
I recently rediscovered the joy of Spaced thanks to 4OD. I vaguely recall watching it when it was on TV back in the day, but I was really too young a bambino to fully understand it, but remember enjoying it nonetheless. Anyhoole I purchased said doovde and pretty much watched nothing else for two weeks solid. God I love that show. Have also decided that I am actually Daisy...though I think that's no bad thing...

No.6 - Pub Quiz
I challenge ANYONE to find something better than pitting your wits against elderly drunk men on a Sunday night. There isn't, so don't bother, your search will be futile I tells ye. I like nothing better than glugging down 3 pints of real ale (followed by a small Baileys just to finish the evening) while attempting to outsmart those god damn Quizee Rascals...(our rival team of adults, so you know they've got a few more years of knowledge on us PLUS they normally have a 7th member which is COMPLETELY against the rules. And those bastard Artois aren't much better.

Also, one of the best bits is picking our team name, as we refuse to conform to just one name week after week. A few highlights include; Ten Inches of Wogan, The Rimmers, The Afro Clams and The Whispering Eyes...


No.5 - My Camera...
It's fucking A...simples. Thanks to my dear parentals buying me it for my b-day, I am now going to be one of those really annoying people who take their camera EVERYWHERE and whip it out whenever anything remotely catches their eye and then immediately go home, upload them and stick them on blogs just like these...So yeah, I'm going to stick in the obligatory nice and poncey looking picture...


No.4 - Oingo Boingo and everything Danny Elfman has ever touched...
Thanks to an Avenged Sevenfold DVD I watched a while back, I became aware of this 'Oingo Boingo'. When I was putting all the music in the world onto me Spotify playlist, I thought I should probably check them out. It wasn't until about a month ago that I actually bothered to listen to them. Well burst my shirt and paint me green, they are fucking awesome. I demand that anyone who ever hears about them immediately look them up because they are the shiz. 'Stay' is my current favourite song, and I listen to that bad boy pretty much aalll the time. Though anything off the Dead Man's Party album rocks my proverbial socks...

No.3- The Thick Of It...

Oh my sweet lordy. I remember when the first few episodes were on 4 or 5 years ago, and even though I don't know even the minutest thing about politics, I remember it being utterly hilarious. So seeing as the new series started I decided to go back and catch up on the old ones. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. <--That is the sound of my political satire-based satisfaction. Plus its written by Armando Iannucci and I goddamn love him...

No.2- ADAM AND JOE!!!!!
This is another thing I am rediscovering. I started listening to their BBC 6 Muzak show a while back, after being bastarding ecstatic that they were still around. Like Spaced I remember them on Channel 4, but I was only like 7 so again, probably had no idea what the happy happ was. But again, thanks to the glory of 4OD, I spent 2 weeks bombarding my mindbox with their old TV show...and by gum it was glorious...

And finally...Numero Uno.- Malcolm Tucker...
Yeah, I know that The Thick Of It was already at number 3, but
A) This is my countdown and I don't give a jimmy tits about yo' rules blood...and B) Malcolm Tucker can not be contained by the constraints of a tv show...he transcends all boundaries...
Tucker I think is possibly my favourite TV character ever...he's a stroking of fucking
genius. I literally couldn't get to sleep the other night because I watched Episode 7, and the possibility that he could be sacked...tis unfathomable...almost gave me a panic attack.. Oh he will be back viewers fear not...and he will unleash almight hell upon thee! All hail Tucker!



Yeah...so that's it...Seeing as I have a very distinct lack of imagination, this blog may soon solely become assorted countdowns of whatever I see fit...hopefully not though...that would be frightfully dull and terrribly long-winded...

Anyhoozle, until the next time I see fit to write uponst this hallowed blog...
Toodlepip xox

No comments:

Post a Comment